On behalf of First Impressions Rejuvenation Clinic, our staff, and leadership team, I want to wish you happy holidays.
It is my pleasure to send greetings at this special time of year and to say thank you to all our clients, patients, and their families. To those of you who have been working on the frontline lines during the COVID-19 pandemic bringing comfort and care, thank you. To those of you who have been working to stay open and serve our communities the everyday essentials, thank you. To the teachers who have worked tirelessly, always and pivoted during COVID-19 to continue to educate in new ways, thank you. To those who have been so supportive of us here at First Impressions, thank you.
As you are aware, we are the first Nurse Practitioner owned and operated clinic(s) in the Atlantic Provinces and as a Nurse (Veteran & Educator) I am very proud to be supportive of our nurses, healthcare and clinical staff, and in turn we do our best to extend that support to other nurses, clinics and healthcare workers.
Perhaps you are aware, the WHO (World Health Organization) designated 2020 as the International Year of the Nurse and the Midwife, the brave and selfless work of nurses when confronted with COVID-19 honours this designation and the 200th anniversary of Florence Nightingale’s birth. As Chair of the Nurse Practitioner Association of Nova Scotia (NPANS) over the last few years I had the amazing opportunity to work with the International Council of Nurses and global leaders in advanced nursing practice to bring the largest conference of Nurse Practitioners and Advanced Practice Nurses to Halifax this summer, the 11th International Council of Nurses/Nurse Practitioner, Advanced Practice Nurse Network Conference, this too has had to pivot. In keeping with the safe provision of care at home and worldwide which is always at the forefront of what we do, I will continue this work along side these esteemed nurses and leaders and we will bring this to fruition in 2021, in a different format as many of you have also done for work and education. I hope many of our nurse clients, patients, and student advanced practice nurses will be with us to continue to this journey, as well as their journey towards much needed and important selfcare. Please take a moment to thank a nurse this holiday season, they need your support now more than ever.
Although the year has been marked by challenges of our new normal, there have been some amazing successes for our patients, clients, students, staff and safety in Aesthetic Medicine. To share just a few:
- We have successfully opened our second location in Bedford!
- We became host to the Atlantic Training Institute for Medical Aesthetics at our location in Bedford, in addition to our Sydney location
- We became the Atlantic Division of the Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine in our Bedford location, joining our Sydney location in this distinction
- Bedford had their first graduates of the combined certification for Botox & Fillers program for physicians and nurses from the Atlantic Training Institute for Medical Aesthetics & the Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine
- Our staff have completed even more advanced education in medical aesthetics while we were in shut down for the safety of our patients, communities, and staff; we are blessed with staff that value patient safety and education, to bring you the safest and most up to date, expert care.
- We have brought in permanent fat removal treatment for those battling stubborn fat during this time (Coolsculpting ®) and more advanced medical grade skin treatments (BelaMD ®) for those struggling with skin conditions and the skin concerns developing from wearing masks for prolonged periods, also known as Maskne.
- We were honored with the distinction of Expert Member with the Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine.
- We have worked with the Canadian Society of Aesthetic Specialty Nurses taskforces to ensure national patient safety and practice policy performing final reviews as Expert Reviewer for the Canadian Practice Standards & Guidelines for Nurses Practicing in Aesthetic Medicine.
- We will continue to work tirelessly to provide you safe, competent, ethical, compassionate, and expert services in Aesthetic Medicine, Nursing & Care, and to continue to work towards public education ensuring those who are unqualified and/or unlicensed are no longer able to endanger your safety; the real reason why not everyone can be trusted with your health.
- We have worked with nursing regulators, the Nova Scotia College of Nurses to ensure the provision of safe, competent, ethical, and compassionate nursing services for those qualified to provide aesthetic services in Nova Scotia.
- We have naturally restored peoples’ youthful vibrance, empowered them to safely unlock a new level of health so they can look and feel decades younger, age gracefully and unlock a new level of unshakable confidence.
And there are many other successes to celebrate. Visit our website often for up-to-date news throughout the year.
Best wishes for a season of joy and peace.
Deborah Hart MN NP
Board Certified Medical Aesthetics
Atlantic Training Institute for Medical Aesthetic & Canadian Board of Aesthetic Medicine Faculty
Internationally Renowned Medical Aesthetics Expert
Your humble servant
Have you ever found your self confused with your skin, your sure you bought every type of product down to sunscreen and still playing the trial and error of irritations?…
Go ahead, call me a softy because i love Valentines day. Valentines day is not just another day to me, it’s a day to realize importance and sometimes we all…
Micro needling Definition: is a process that involves using needles to puncture hundreds of tiny holes in the skin.PRP Process Definition:is produced from an individual’s own blood. After a blood…
Yes it’s 2019 and there are still people who break their necks when “vagina” is said. Yes i said it, Vagina. Sometimes people just like to keep there “privates” private…
You go to the grocery store and pick up a box, to then swap it with another because this label reads lower calories, or lower cholesterol or “Hey! Apple-cider vinegar…
Varicose & Spider Veins Sclerotherapy is a popular method for eliminating varicose & spider veins that has been used since the 1920’s. It involves injecting a solution into the…
Forever Bare BBL from Sciton is a revolutionary technology in hair removal. Traditionally, hair removal devices apply all of their energy to any given area all at once. By sending multiple…
Coincidentally may also marks the one year point to when I first had a biopsy taken of my arm. A few short weeks later it came back as melanoma. As…