What is a Chemical Peel
First Impressions Medical Aesthetics & Rejuvenation Clinic uses chemical peel to transform your skin into younger, healthier looking skin in just one week!
Are you a candidate?
Do you struggle with trying to improve these below? A chemical peel can help with that.
- Improve the overall tone and texture of your skin
- Lighten and brighten your skin
- Remove or reduce sun damage and age spots
- Reduce pore size and soften fine lines and wrinkles
- Reduce or eliminate hyper-pigmentation and acne scars
- Improve acne skin conditions and melasma
- Stimulate the production of collagen resulting in firmer skin
- Slow down the aging process and prevent wrinkles
How severe is the peeling and what is the duration of the peeling process?
The amount of peeling skin associated with chemical peels is mainly a sloughing of thin sheets of epidermis skin that begins around day two. You will advised on the minimum downtime needed depending on the peel chosen for you.
Can a Chemical Peel be applied to other parts of the body other than the face?
The face, neck, chest and hands are the most commonly applied areas.
Is sun exposure permitted post peel?
Sun exposure should be limited if not avoided before and during the peel process to avoid uneven exposure.
Are Chemical Peels safe?
Yes, chemical peels are safe when they’re preformed by an experienced trained professional. But the process of a chemical peel can be harmful if it’s not done correctly. If someone has a bad experience, it’s usually because their practitioner didn’t do the peel according to procedure this is why consultations are crucial.It’s always important to go to a physician with high-level training in the chemical peel process. Staff should also have extensive training about chemical peel benefits, risks, selections, and timing. They need to be able to select the right peel for your skin type and recommend when to get it.
What type of peel is for you?
There are three different types of chemical peels that you can get. These include:
- Superficial peels, which use mild acids like alpha-hydroxy acid to gently exfoliate. It only penetrates the outermost layer of skin. 2-3 days of downtime required.
- Medium peels, which use trichloroacetic or glycolic acid to reach the middle and outer layer of dermis. This makes it more effective for removing damaged skin cells. 3-4 days of downtime required
- Deep peels, which fully penetrate the middle layer of the skin to remove damaged skin cells. 5-7 days of down time required
The Vivier Peel
The “Vivier Peel” is a gentle light yet effective peel that helps brighten and tighten your skin leaving you feeling radiant and glowing. To gently and safely rejuvenate your skin, this peel offers great results with less down time than other peels. It contains a unique combination and concentration of pharmaceutical-grade ingredients.
- The process provides a gentle exfoliation
- It stimulates collagen formation
- Helps to reduce the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles and acne
- Smoothes and softens your skin
- Encourages cell turnover
Slight peeling may or may not occur after day 2. This treatment is gentle enough to perform every month to keep your skin in top shape!
The Jessner Peel
The “Jessner peel” is a medium depth chemical peel.. It is one of the most effective peels to remove superficial layers of the skin. It can be used on all types of skin to treat sun damaged skin, ageing skin, and lighten areas of hyper pigmentation. A Jessner Peel is great for those with acne, thick skin, skin discoloration, moderate wrinkles, and oily skin. Oil production will be decreased and clogged sebaceous follicles will be opened. A Jessner Peel works great for those with dull skin, white spots on the face, and lip creases.
The Sericin Peeling Gel Treatment
Sericin+ Facial Peeling Gel is a gentle, yet effective exfoliating and peeling treatment for your face. Enriched with Silk Protein Sericin – known for its hydrating, moisturizing, and age-defying properties – this Facial Peeling Gel will gently remove dead skin cells and impurities from the top layer of your skin, revealing a smooth, refreshed, and silky soft skin underneath.